This website requires javascript. Please enable it or visit HappyBrowser to find a modern browser.



Covid-19 Update as of May 19

Dear Families,

We have been so encouraged by positive news around the country this past week.  Many states have started to open up with some having already released specific guidelines for how day camps can operate this summer!

As you may be aware, KE Camps partners with 150 country clubs in 33 states to operate summer day camps.  In a normal season, many of our camps open for the summer on June 1.  To give ourselves ample time to review and comply with all guidance for summer camps in the face of Covid-19, all KE Camps programs that were scheduled to run during the weeks of June 1 and June 8 have been canceled.  Similarly, in many locations, we have already announced delayed start dates further into the summer.  If you are already registered for a camp that has had changes like this, you have been notified by email.  We will continue to update our families by email as any other modifications to camp dates or programs are made.  You can also check your camp’s web page for the most up-to-date camp dates and notes about operation.

Now that the American Camp Association has officially released their Camp Guidebook, we have put our Summer 2020 Policies and Safety Measures into place.  The full details of our plan will be presented to you by email as soon as your camp is officially “Greenlit”, meaning, the summer dates are confirmed and camp will definitely be running!  You will receive a Welcome Email to camp about 4 weeks out from your camp start date to confirm this information.  In the meantime, we would like to share with you the important safety measures we will be taking this summer in brief: 

  • New Check-In Procedures that will include a drop-off system whereby parents are not entering our physical camp space, campers are being visually screened for signs of illness, each camper’s temperature will be checked via non-contact thermometer and each camper will sanitize their hands upon entry to camp
  • Clear policy asking anyone who has been feeling ill or has been exposed to someone who is ill to remain home from camp
  • Program adjustments to allow for as many outdoor activities as possible (even more so than usual!)
  • Extra hand-washing throughout the camp day
  • Extra cleaning of camp spaces, surfaces and supplies
  • Finally, and most importantly, we will think of our camp as its own unit – within our unit, we will do our best to organize activities to keep physical distancing in place as much as possible. However, there are undoubtedly going to be parts of our camp day when campers and staff will end up being less than 6ft apart.  During these times, staff will be wearing a friendly cloth face mask. *Face Mask policy subject to easing as time goes by and certain restrictions are lifted.  Our camp will do our best to keep physical distance from all other personnel/patrons of the club. We are uniquely positioned to do this last part well as our camps are generally quite small in size to begin with.  By sending your child to camp, you are choosing to expose them to this small unit or family for the week.  This is a great thing when it comes to limiting exposure and easily performing contact tracing, if necessary. 

We know that you may be hesitant to make a decision about how your child will spend his/her summer.  Hopefully, the above review of our plan to do our very best to keep your child safe can assuage some of your concerns.  At the end of the day, to state the obvious, by attending camp, your child will be exposed to other people.  Ultimately, you need to decide if that is a choice you feel comfortable with.  With that in mind, here is a quick review of our refund policy:

We allow full refunds up until the day before the camp season begins, minus the $40 registration fee.  So, if your camp’s start date is June 22, you have until June 21 to make a cancelation and receive a monetary refund for the weekly tuition amount.  After that day, we do not offer monetary refunds.  If we are forced to cancel camp due to club/state/local restrictions, then we will do what is right and provide you with a full monetary refund.

We are thrilled that the American Camp Association has released such a helpful guidebook to ensure that day camps can run programs according to their recommendations that will mitigate as much risk as possible.  We are also so encouraged that so many state governments have released official statements that day camps are a “go”!  From this point forward, we plan to communicate with you by individual camp so that the information we share can be club/locality-specific.  Please check your inboxes regularly for this type of communication.

We are always here to answer your questions and hope your children will be able to enjoy their KE Camps experience more than ever this year! 

Stay healthy – stay happy!


Covid-19 Update as of April 27

Dear Families,

We hope that you are hanging in there during what continues to be a truly challenging time for everyone in all parts of the country.  Even though our full-time team has not been able to work together from our main office in New Jersey during the stay-at-home orders, we are all keeping busy in our home offices planning away for Summer 2020!

As you may know, KE Camps partners with 150 country clubs in 33 states.  Some of our camps are scheduled to open as early as June 1 while others do not begin until much later into June and July.  Because we are still awaiting official guidance for summer camps from the American Camp Association and the CDC, we feel it is in everyone’s best interest to continue to prep for as normal a camp season as possible so we will be ready when that amazing time comes – the day when our lives start to get back to a sense of normalcy and our children can be back with friends at camp!

We realize that given these uncertain times, many of you may be hesitant to sign-up for camp or worried about your current enrollment, and understandably so. We sincerely hope that our very flexible refund policy will assuage some of these concerns. Please remember that we allow full refunds up until the day before the camp season begins (minus the $40 registration fee), which gives ample time to make decisions about how and where your children will spend the summer. Should the worst-case scenario come to fruition – the one where your camp is in a town or state where social gathering restrictions or stay-at-home rules are still in place, and we are told by the government that we cannot open camp, please know that we will do what is right and provide you with a full refund.

We hope that the prospect of summer spent at camp will give you something positive to look forward to - a light at the end of this dark tunnel - which we could all use right now.

Here is what you can expect from us in the coming weeks:

Three to four weeks before you camp’s season start date, you will hear from us by email as to the status and timeline for your particular camp.  At this point, we will make a decision to either:

  • Start camp on time as was always planned
  • Delay the start of camp by a certain number of weeks (with the potential to add on weeks to the end of the summer)
  • Cancel camp for the season

We realize that fitting together the puzzle of your family’s schedule which includes vacations, work schedules, kids’ activities and camps is not always easy!  We wish we could give you even more advanced notice about our plans for camps because of that challenge.  However, due to the fast-changing environment we find ourselves in and the fact that we plan to make decisions about camp based on guidance from both your club and local governing bodies, we feel this timeline is the best we can do.

It is our sincere hope that we will not be forced to cancel an entire camp season.  With that in mind, we are working diligently with both camp and health professionals - as well as the club - to implement new and more stringent measures regarding illness and sanitation policies and procedures, hand-washing at camp, etc.  Again, the American Camp Association is working with the CDC to help guide camps in best practices.  They have recommended all camps wait until those guidelines are officially published to formalize such plans for the upcoming season.  We plan to share details with you about this in the coming weeks as we are made aware of these recommendations and finalize a plan for how KE Camps will implement them at all camps.

Please reach out to us at any time with questions or concerns. We are always available to speak with you, and thank you in advance for your patience and support as we navigate through this together.  We will continue to keep you in the loop as any new information is available to share.

Stay healthy – stay happy!

Warmest Regards,

The KE Camps Team

PS: Remember to follow us on Facebook and Instagram – we have been sharing fun photos, videos and even some great live events and contests to keep our families in that camp spirit all year-round!


We will continue to update this page as we have more information.  Each camp's web page will also be updated with any changes to camp dates.  Thank you for your patience as we continue to monitor the situation and make decisions in the best interest of our camp families, campers and staff.