Junior Sports Camp
Westhampton Country Club
35 Potunk Lane, Westhampton Beach , NY 11978
A Traditional Day Camp at Your Club
Our camp offers the unique balance of a traditional day camp experience in the convenient and familiar setting of the country club. With a combination of outstanding amenities, exciting programming, and an experienced and energetic staff team, our structured and fun day camp will be the perfect place for your child.
Closed:Day of 7/24
|Before-Care||$5 per day|
|Weekly (enrolling for 1 - 3 weeks)||$290|
|Weekly (enrolling for 4 - 5 weeks)||$215|
|Weekly (enrolling for 6 - 7 weeks)||$185|
One-Time Registration Fee: $20
This is a one-time non-refundable fee per child per summer.
Club Registration Requirements
Enrollment for Junior Sports Camp is for children, grandchildren and guests of Westhampton Country Club members only. You must register at least 7 days prior to each week of camp.
Age Range: 4 - 13
All campers must be at least 4 years old by September 30, 2020. In addition, campers must be potty-trained.
Each day of camp will be a new and exciting experience for our campers as no two days with KE Camps are exactly alike! Our days begin with Hello Camp, a morning meeting of sorts where, through an assortment of organized activities, campers and staff get to know each other, review the day’s schedule and sing our special camp song! Similarly, we will end our days with Goodbye Camp, a time for wrap-up activities and reflections, SMILE Bands, snacks, and “see you later’s”. The bulk of camp will be spent participating in a wide variety of activities throughout the day that may include:
For more information on the golf and tennis lessons at camp, please click here.
Camp is a place to un-plug! Please leave all electronic devices and cell phones at home. Campers should wear the camp uniform and sneakers each day.
Westhampton Country Club requests that you place your order by June 1, 2020. Members will be billed on their club account for all orders.
To place your camp uniform order, Click Here.
Should you have any questions about uniforms, please call the Club office at 631-288-1148 or email Ashley Jaromy at email@example.com.
Please pack the following items in a labeled bag or backpack:
Payments, Cancellations, Refunds
Registration & Payments
Registration for Summer 2020 is open and will continue until we are full. So, you may add additional weeks as the summer goes on. You must be enrolled at least 7 days in advance of each week, however, in order to attend camp.
Full payment is due upon registration. This includes a one-time non-refundable registration fee of $20. We accept American Express, MasterCard, Visa and Discover.
If your child has special needs or will require extra assistance while at camp, please contact us before you enroll to discuss!
Cancellations & Refunds
All requests for cancellations or changes must be made in writing to our office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations made by July 5, 2020 will be refunded in full (less the registration fee). After that, there are no refunds. We will, however, always offer a credit towards a future week (if space is available) or for next summer.
Covid-19 Safety Considerations
Here is a run-down of how we will mitigate risk as much as possible at camp this summer:
- New Check-In Procedures that will include a drop-off system whereby parents are not entering our physical camp space, campers are being visually screened for signs of illness, each camper’s temperature will be checked via non-contact thermometer and each camper will sanitize their hands upon entry to camp
- Clear policy asking anyone who has been feeling ill or has been exposed to someone who is ill to remain home from camp – in fact, we ask that you monitor your child over the weekend prior to each week of camp to ensure they are seemingly healthy! Should your child be feeling under the weather in any way, they should not attend camp.
- Program adjustments to allow for as many outdoor activities as possible (even more so than usual!) and physical distanced when possible
- Hand-Washing or Hand-Sanitizing to take place:
- Upon entry to camp
- Before and After every snack/meal
- After activity periods (as deemed appropriate by staff)
- After using the restroom
- Before checking-out of camp
- Extra cleaning of camp spaces, surfaces and supplies
- Finally, and most importantly, we will think of our camp as its own unit – within our unit, we will remain in small groups of no more than 15 campers per group. We will do our best to organize activities to keep physical distancing in place as much as possible. However, there are undoubtedly going to be parts of our camp day when campers and staff will end up being less than 6ft apart. During these times, staff will be wearing a friendly cloth face mask. *Face Mask policy subject to easing as time goes by and certain restrictions are lifted. Our camp will do our best to keep physical distance from all other personnel/patrons of the club. We are uniquely positioned to do this last part well as our camps are generally quite small in size to begin with. By sending your child to camp, you are choosing to expose them to this small unit or family for the week. This is a great thing when it comes to limiting exposure and easily performing contact tracing, if necessary.
The 5 S's! - Our Covid-19 Reminders for Campers
Keeping Our Campers Safe At Camp - What's New for Summer 2020
Camper Waiver - All Campers need to have a signed Camper Waiver before attending camp. If you are already registered and have not yet signed this form, please do so before camp begins.
A Note about our Camp License
Junior Sports Camp is licensed by the Suffolk County Health Department. We follow all New York State Children’s Camp Licensing guidelines. Please click here for further information.
Don’t forget to take a look at the important camp forms below.
The State Health Department requires a record of immunization OR letter stating the medical or religious exemption reason to be collected before your child may attend camp.
NY Camper Health Form Supplement
Authorization to Administer Medication Form
Meet Your Camp Director
Happy Greetings Campers and Families!
Hello! My name is Veronica Goodman and I am so excited to introduce myself as your Camp Director for KE Camps here at the beautiful Westhampton Country Club!
As an educator for the last 18 years, I have had the pleasure and opportunity to work with children of all ages. For the last thirteen years, I have been teaching middle school history, and prior to that I served as a lead teacher and camp director for preschool and elementary children. My first job was as a page at my local library that later led me to become the supervisor for their Children’s Department, which included running their Summer Reading Program. That experience led me to know that my calling was education and working with children. I feel that the best learning opportunities for children come through having exciting and fun activities that promote education and positive social interactions, which I know wholeheartedly this camp will surely do!
I was born and raised here on Long Island and am a graduate of St. Joseph’s College with a degree in History and Secondary Education. I also received my master’s degree at SUNY Stony Brook in Education. Some of the things I love to do on my free time are to play tennis, volleyball, hiking and dance! I am so excited for the experiences your child will get to have this summer through our various activities and programs which include tennis, golf, and other educational opportunities to learn and grow both educationally and socially!
As a mother of three sons, two in college and one in elementary school, I know how much time and effort goes into providing the best for our children. I want to assure you that I will be available any time throughout this summer to ensure that your child has the best experience possible!
I love working with children because it is such a joy to witness when they are learning and trying something new, while also having fun! I know that this camp will provide them with amazing opportunities to continue to foster their friendships while also learning and growing as individuals. I am so excited to begin our amazing summer together and to make memories that will last a lifetime!