Camp North Hills
North Hills Club
4824 Yadkin Drive, Raleigh , NC 27609
A Traditional Day Camp at Your Club
Our camp offers the unique balance of a traditional day camp experience in the convenient and familiar setting of the country club. With a combination of outstanding amenities, exciting programming, and an experienced and energetic staff team, our structured and fun day camp will be the perfect place for your child.
Sold Out? Join our Waiting List.
We would be happy to add you to our Waiting List for any Sold Out week. Often, families need to make last minute changes to their registration and these cancelations could result in a space opening up for your child. There is no payment required if you would like to be added to the Waiting List. To add yourself, please use our online registration system to choose the weeks in which you are interested or email us at email@example.com with your name, your child's name, your phone and email and the week(s) in which you are interested.
Weeks of June 15, June 22, Jun 29, July 13, July 20 - Camp Day
9:00am - 2:00pm
Weeks of July 27 and August 3 - Camp - Full Day
9:00am - 4:00pm
Weeks of July 27 and August 3 - Camp - Half Day (Mornings)
9:00am - 1:00pm
Weeks of July 27 and August 3 - Camp - Half Day (Afternoons)
12:00pm - 4:00pm
8:30am - 9:00am
Weeks of July 27 and August 3 - Complimentary After-Care
4:00pm - 4:30pm
|June Weeks (9:00am - 2:00pm)||$190|
|Weekly - Full Days||$255|
|Weekly - Half Days (Mornings)||$190|
|Weekly - Half Days (Afternoons)||$190|
One-Time Registration Fee: $40
This one-time non-refundable fee includes 2 camp t-shirts for your child.
Club Registration Requirements
You must be a member of North Hills Club to enroll your child in Camp North Hills.
Age Range: 4 - 12
All campers must be at least 4 years old by the first day they attend camp. In addition, campers must be potty-trained and able to handle a full day program.
Each day of camp will be a new and exciting experience for our campers as no two days with KECamps are exactly alike! Our days begin with Hello Camp, a morning meeting of sorts where, through an assortment of organized activities, campers and staff get to know each other, review the day’s schedule and sing our special camp song! Similarly, we will end our days with Goodbye Camp, a time for wrap-up activities and reflections, SMILE Bands, snacks, and “see you later’s”. The bulk of camp will be spent participating in a wide variety of activities throughout the day that may include:
For more information on the tennis lessons at camp, please click here.
Please note the following scheduling details for Half Day Campers: Morning Campers will not swim on Tuesdays or Thursdays; Afternoon Campers will not swim on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays and will not have Tennis Lessons as part of the Afternoon Camp Day.
Lunch & Snacks
The club will provide a delicious and kid-friendly lunch each day. Please pack a morning and afternoon snack for your child.
Please note that we are a “nut aware” camp. We ask that you do not pack any food for your child that contains nuts. Likewise, the lunches and snacks served by the club will not contain any nuts. If your child has a food allergy and you have questions about this, please do not hesitate to contact us.
KE Camps requires all campers to wear our official camp shirt each day of the week. Please leave all electronic devices and cell phones at home. Campers should dress in comfortable clothing and tennis shoes. Additional shirts may be purchased at camp. Camp is a place to un-plug! Please pack the following items in a labeled bag or backpack:
Payments, Cancellations, Refunds
Registration & Payments
Registration for Summer 2020 will open on February 3, 2020 and will continue until we are full. So, you may add additional weeks as the summer goes on. You must be enrolled in advance, however, in order to attend camp. We are happy to accept online registrations up until the night before the start of each week of camp, provided that space is available.
Full payment is due upon registration. This includes a one-time non-refundable registration fee of $40 which includes 2 camp t-shirts. We accept American Express, MasterCard, Visa and Discover.
If your child has special needs or will require extra assistance while at camp, please contact us before you enroll to discuss!
Cancellations & Refunds
All requests for cancellations or changes must be made in writing to our office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations made before June 14, 2020 will be refunded in full (less the registration fee). After that, there are no refunds. We will, however, always offer a credit towards a future week (if space is available) or for next summer.
Covid-19 - Safety Considerations
Here is a run-down of how we will mitigate risk as much as possible at camp this summer:
- New Check-In Procedures that will include a drop-off system whereby parents are not entering our physical camp space, campers are being visually screened for signs of illness, each camper’s temperature will be checked via non-contact thermometer and each camper will sanitize their hands upon entry to camp
- Clear policy asking anyone who has been feeling ill or has been exposed to someone who is ill to remain home from camp – in fact, we ask that you monitor your child over the weekend prior to each week of camp to ensure they are seemingly healthy! Should your child be feeling under the weather in any way, they should not attend camp.
- Program adjustments to allow for as many outdoor activities as possible (even more so than usual!) and physical distanced when possible
- Hand-Washing or Hand-Sanitizing to take place:
- Upon entry to camp
- Before and After every snack/meal
- After activity periods (as deemed appropriate by staff)
- After using the restroom
- Before checking-out of camp
- Extra cleaning of camp spaces, surfaces and supplies
- Finally, and most importantly, we will think of our camp as its own unit – within our unit, we will do our best to organize activities to keep physical distancing in place as much as possible. However, there are undoubtedly going to be parts of our camp day when campers and staff will end up being less than 6ft apart. During these times, staff will be wearing a friendly cloth face mask. *Face Mask policy subject to easing as time goes by and certain restrictions are lifted. Our camp will do our best to keep physical distance from all other personnel/patrons of the club. We are uniquely positioned to do this last part well as our camps are generally quite small in size to begin with. By sending your child to camp, you are choosing to expose them to this small unit or family for the week. This is a great thing when it comes to limiting exposure and easily performing contact tracing, if necessary.
The 5 S's! - Our Covid-19 Reminders for Campers
Keeping Our Campers Safe At Camp - What's New for Summer 2020
Camper Waiver - All Campers need to have a signed Camper Waiver before attending camp. If you are already registered and have not yet signed this form, please do so before camp begins.
Don’t forget to take a look at the important camp forms below.
Authorization to Administer Medication Form
Meet Your Camp Director
Dear Camp Families,
The time has come for another awesome summer at Camp North Hills! My name is Camden Keene, and I am thrilled to be returning to my sixth summer at Camp North Hills and third summer as camp director.
I worked in the North Hills Club Kid’s Club from 2014-2019 and began working at camp in 2015. The families of North Hills Club have been a big part of my life, and it has been such a privilege of mine to watch a large majority of the NHC kids grow up.
I received my BS in Elementary Education from Pensacola Christian College in May 2019. Since graduation, I have gotten married to my high school sweetheart and former North Hills Kid’s Club employee and camp counselor, Jacob Keene. I began teaching third grade at Southside Christian School in Clayton, NC this past fall. Children have been my heart and passion for as long as I can remember. I have been so blessed to be a part of working with children for so many years. My camp and teaching experiences have both impacted my life and molded me into the person I am. My goal as a camp director goes beyond the fun and excitement of a typical camp day— my goal is to reach each of my campers' hearts and make a lasting influence in their lives. I want to see them grow and develop socially, mentally, and physically in the short period of time that I will be their camp director.
Outside of my occupation, I enjoy traveling, hiking and spending time with my family and friends. I coach middle school girls’ basketball for Southside Christian School. Sports have always been a big part of my life. I was a cheerleader in college and played intramural basketball and softball. I am always looking for a fun adventure, and I love bringing an adventure to summer camp through activities, games, weekly themes, and more.
I look forward to reconnecting with the campers and families I have gotten to know over the years, and I am excited tomeet and welcome new campers and families to Camp North Hills. Let the adventure begin!