HCC Kids Camp
Huntington Crescent Club
15 Washington Drive, Huntington , NY 11743
A Traditional Day Camp at Your Club
Our camp offers the unique balance of a traditional day camp experience in the convenient and familiar setting of the country club. With a combination of outstanding amenities, exciting programming, and an experienced and energetic staff team, our structured and fun day camp will be the perfect place for your child.
9:00am - 3:00pm
8:30am - 9:00am
3:00pm - 4:30pm
|Early Bird - Weekly||$395|
|After-Care||$10 per day|
One-Time Registration Fee: $40
This one-time non-refundable fee includes 2 camp t-shirts for your child.
Club Registration Requirements
In order to register your child for HCC Kids Camp, you or the child’s grandparent must be a member of Huntington Crescent Club.
Age Range: 4 - 9
All campers must be at least 4 years old by the first day they attend camp. In addition, campers must be potty-trained and able to handle a full day program.
Each day of camp will be a new and exciting experience for our campers as no two days with KE Camps are exactly alike! Our days begin with Hello Camp, a morning meeting of sorts where, through an assortment of organized activities, campers and staff get to know each other, review the day’s schedule and sing our special camp song! Similarly, we will end our days with Goodbye Camp, a time for wrap-up activities and reflections, SMILE Bands, snacks, and “see you later’s”. The bulk of camp will be spent participating in a wide variety of activities throughout the day that may include:
For more information on the golf and tennis lessons at camp, please click here.
Lunch & Snacks
The club will provide a delicious and kid-friendly lunch for every camper each day. If you would prefer to pack your own lunch for your child, please do so in a cooler or backpack. A snack will be served each afternoon to all campers. We encourage you to pack some extra snacks for your child as well.
Please note that we are a “nut aware” camp. We ask that you do not pack any food for your child that contains nuts. Likewise, the lunches and snacks served by the club will not contain any nuts. If your child has a food allergy and you have questions about this, please do not hesitate to contact us.
KE Camps requires all campers to wear our official camp shirt each day of the week. Please leave all electronic devices and cell phones at home. Campers should dress in comfortable clothing and tennis shoes. Additional shirts may be purchased at camp. Camp is a place to un-plug! Please pack the following items in a labeled bag or backpack:
Payments, Cancellations, Refunds
Registration & Payments
Registration for Summer 2020 is open and will continue until we are full. So, you may add additional weeks as the summer goes on. You must be enrolled in advance, however, in order to attend camp. We are happy to accept online registrations up until the night before the start of each week of camp, provided that space is available.
Full payment is due upon registration. This includes a one-time non-refundable registration fee of $40 which includes 2 camp t-shirts. We accept American Express, MasterCard, Visa and Discover.
If your child has special needs or will require extra assistance while at camp, please contact us before you enroll to discuss!
Cancellations & Refunds
All requests for cancellations or changes must be made in writing to our office via email at email@example.com. Cancellations made by July 12, 2020 will be refunded in full (less the registration fee). After that, there are no refunds. We will, however, always offer a credit towards a future week (if space is available) or for next summer.
Covid-19 - Safety Considerations
Here is a run-down of how we will mitigate risk as much as possible at camp this summer:
- New Check-In Procedures that will include a drop-off system whereby parents are not entering our physical camp space, campers are being visually screened for signs of illness, each camper’s temperature will be checked via non-contact thermometer and each camper will sanitize their hands upon entry to camp
- Clear policy asking anyone who has been feeling ill or has been exposed to someone who is ill to remain home from camp – in fact, we ask that you monitor your child over the weekend prior to each week of camp to ensure they are seemingly healthy! Should your child be feeling under the weather in any way, they should not attend camp.
- Program adjustments to allow for as many outdoor activities as possible (even more so than usual!) and physical distanced when possible
- Hand-Washing or Hand-Sanitizing to take place:
- Upon entry to camp
- Before and After every snack/meal
- After activity periods (as deemed appropriate by staff)
- After using the restroom
- Before checking-out of camp
- Extra cleaning of camp spaces, surfaces and supplies
- Finally, and most importantly, we will think of our camp as its own unit – within our unit, we will remain in small groups of no more than 15 campers per group. We will do our best to organize activities to keep physical distancing in place as much as possible. However, there are undoubtedly going to be parts of our camp day when campers and staff will end up being less than 6ft apart. During these times, staff will be wearing a friendly cloth face mask. *Face Mask policy subject to easing as time goes by and certain restrictions are lifted. Our camp will do our best to keep physical distance from all other personnel/patrons of the club. We are uniquely positioned to do this last part well as our camps are generally quite small in size to begin with. By sending your child to camp, you are choosing to expose them to this small unit or family for the week. This is a great thing when it comes to limiting exposure and easily performing contact tracing, if necessary.
The 5 S's! - Our Covid-19 Reminders for Campers
Keeping Our Campers Safe At Camp - What's New for Summer 2020
Camper Waiver - All Campers need to have a signed Camper Waiver before attending camp. If you are already registered and have not yet signed this form, please do so before camp begins.
A Note about our Camp License
HCC Kids Camp is licensed by the Suffolk County Health Department. We follow all New York State Children’s Camp Licensing guidelines. Please click here for further information.
Don’t forget to take a look at the important camp forms below.
The State Health Department requires a record of immunization OR letter stating the medical or religious exemption reason to be collected before your child may attend camp.
NY Camper Health Form Supplement
Authorization to Administer Medication Form
Meet Your Camp Director
Dear Campers and Families,
Let’s make some memories! My name is Ruthie Santangelo - the new Director of HCC Kids Camp. I can’t wait to meet you all during the best season of the year where we are guaranteed to make new friends, do great things, and just plain HAVE FUN!
I have been an elementary school teacher on Long Island for over 20 years and I still look forward to going to work each day. Working with children brings wonder, laughter, and pure happiness on the daily. There are so many reasons to smile when you’re with a child. I like to sing and dance when I teach so it’s never too quiet when I’m around. I went to day camps, drama camp, and sleep-away camps when I was younger so I know what the structure of each day should be and what elements are most important. I really like the fact that at our camp we will not only be creating fun for ourselves, but sharing and giving back to our community as well. My first job was teaching jazz, tap, and hip-hop at my local dance studio, so be prepared to move your body...I just can’t help it!
My husband, Jerry, and I live in Smithtown and between us we have 5 children...well, 7 if you count our dogs, Lionel Richie and Banner (they’re the best-behaved of the bunch!). We love to travel and discover new places. Our goal for the next trip is Grenada.
As I said, I really enjoy being with my students everyday. So when the summer is here and school is over, I miss the joy and workout the kids give me which is why I decided to spend my summer with you! Get ready to create, swim, share, and shine at camp this summer.