Camp Crow Valley
Crow Valley Golf Club
4315 E. 60th Street, Davenport , IA 52807
A Traditional Day Camp at Your Club
Our camp offers the unique balance of a traditional day camp experience in the convenient and familiar setting of the country club. With a combination of outstanding amenities, exciting programming, and an experienced and energetic staff team, our structured and fun day camp will be the perfect place for your child.
9:00am - 4:00pm
8:30am - 9:00am
4:00pm - 4:30pm
|Members||Guests of Members|
One-Time Registration Fee: $40
This one-time non-refundable fee includes 2 camp t-shirts for your child.
Club Registration Requirements
If you are not a Club Member of Crow Valley Golf Club, you must be “Sponsored” by a Club Member in order to register your child for camp. The Sponsoring Member will not be charged in association with Camp Crow Valley in any way, however, he or she must be aware that you are listing him or her as your Sponsor. This policy allows Crow Valley Golf Club to ensure that all Non-Members attending camp are associated with a Club Member in some way.
Age Range: 5 - 11
All campers must be at least 5 years old by the first day they attend camp. In addition, campers must be potty-trained and able to handle a full day program.
Each day of camp will be a new and exciting experience for our campers as no two days with KE Camps are exactly alike! Our days begin with Hello Camp, a morning meeting of sorts where, through an assortment of organized activities, campers and staff get to know each other, review the day’s schedule and sing our special camp song! Similarly, we will end our days with Goodbye Camp, a time for wrap-up activities and reflections, SMILE Bands, snacks, and “see you later’s”. The bulk of camp will be spent participating in a wide variety of activities throughout the day that may include:
For more information on the golf and tennis lessons at camp, please click here.
Lunch & Snacks
The club will provide a delicious and kid-friendly lunch for every camper each day. If you would prefer to pack your own lunch for your child, please do so in a cooler or backpack. A snack will be served each afternoon to all campers. We encourage you to pack some extra snacks for your child as well.
Please note that we are a “nut aware” camp. We ask that you do not pack any food for your child that contains nuts. Likewise, the lunches and snacks served by the club will not contain any nuts. If your child has a food allergy and you have questions about this, please do not hesitate to contact us.
KE Camps requires all campers to wear our official camp shirt each day of the week. Please leave all electronic devices and cell phones at home. Campers should dress in comfortable clothing and tennis shoes. Additional shirts may be purchased at camp. Camp is a place to un-plug! Please pack the following items in a labeled bag or backpack:
Payments, Cancellations, Refunds
Registration & Payments
Registration for Summer 2020 is open and will continue until we are full. So, you may add additional weeks as the summer goes on. You must be enrolled in advance, however, in order to attend camp.
Full payment is due upon registration. This includes a one-time non-refundable registration fee of $40 which includes 2 camp t-shirts. We accept American Express, MasterCard, Visa and Discover.
If your child has special needs or will require extra assistance while at camp, please contact us before you enroll to discuss!
Cancellations & Refunds
All requests for cancellations or changes must be made in writing to our office via email at email@example.com. Cancellations made by June 21, 2020 will be refunded in full (less the registration fee). After that, there are no refunds. We will, however, always offer a credit towards a future week (if space is available) or for next summer.
Covid-19 - Safety Considerations
Here is a run-down of how we will mitigate risk as much as possible at camp this summer:
- New Check-In Procedures that will include a drop-off system whereby parents are not entering our physical camp space, campers are being visually screened for signs of illness, each camper’s temperature will be checked via non-contact thermometer and each camper will sanitize their hands upon entry to camp
- Clear policy asking anyone who has been feeling ill or has been exposed to someone who is ill to remain home from camp – in fact, we ask that you monitor your child over the weekend prior to each week of camp to ensure they are seemingly healthy! Should your child be feeling under the weather in any way, they should not attend camp.
- Program adjustments to allow for as many outdoor activities as possible (even more so than usual!) and physical distanced when possible
- Hand-Washing or Hand-Sanitizing to take place:
- Upon entry to camp
- Before and After every snack/meal
- After activity periods (as deemed appropriate by staff)
- After using the restroom
- Before checking-out of camp
- Extra cleaning of camp spaces, surfaces and supplies
- Finally, and most importantly, we will think of our camp as its own unit – within our unit, we will do our best to organize activities to keep physical distancing in place as much as possible. However, there are undoubtedly going to be parts of our camp day when campers and staff will end up being less than 6ft apart. During these times, staff will be wearing a friendly cloth face mask. *Face Mask policy subject to easing as time goes by and certain restrictions are lifted. Our camp will do our best to keep physical distance from all other personnel/patrons of the club. We are uniquely positioned to do this last part well as our camps are generally quite small in size to begin with. By sending your child to camp, you are choosing to expose them to this small unit or family for the week. This is a great thing when it comes to limiting exposure and easily performing contact tracing, if necessary.
The 5 S's! - Our Covid-19 Reminders for Campers
Keeping Our Campers Safe At Camp - What's New for Summer 2020
Camper Waiver - All Campers need to have a signed Camper Waiver before attending camp. If you are already registered and have not yet signed this form, please do so before camp begins.
Don’t forget to take a look at the important camp forms below.
Authorization to Administer Medication Form
Meet Your Camp Director
Dear Campers and Families,
Hello! My name is Shannon Runyan, and I am the Camp Crow Valley Director this summer. I am truly excited to meet you and to start having some fun!
I am a relatively new Iowan. I was born and raised in California and moved to Davenport because my husband’s job transferred him here. I really love it here! I am looking forward to bringing some of the qualities I developed as a teacher (preschool, elementary, middle and high school)
and former camp counselor to camp this year. In short, I will create a fun atmosphere that campers can engage in safely, comfortably, and creatively.
I am a graduate from Concordia University in Irvine, California with a degree in Elementary Education. As a teacher, I have professional training on how to motivate children and young adults to achieve the most that they can in life! As a former camp counselor, I know how to implement the same strategies in a day camp atmosphere. I have also involved myself in many varied experiences with children. Most recently, I led a middle school STEM class that encourages students to use STEM process to solve complex problems. I am also an avid reader and do many fun science experiments with my son at home. I enjoy fishing and doing home improvement projects. I have been married to a wonderful man for 21 years, and have a son who helps me with my science experiments.
I love working with kids and feel that this is my calling in life. My goal for the summer is for each child in my care to have fun and enjoy camp. I am constantly amazed at their perspective and how they see things. Every day at camp is an opportunity to learn something about themselves, the world, and others. It really is remarkable what a day camp can achieve in terms of fostering friendships, skills, and a sense of self for campers. I look forward to meeting you all and can’t wait to start!